Sunday 29 July 2012

Exciting times

Guess who dropped in to talk all things running?

My new Lil Running Buddy.

I did ask him to do a guest post but unfortunately he is too busy with his eating, playing and sleeping schedule. However he did agree to answer a few questions...


Have you experimented with different approaches to your sessions
Yes. There are 2 main styles I use:

The first one I don't do often but it looks like this...



and the second one is a much more relaxed approach ...





People say you are determined. Would you agree?
Yes. I know what I want and I have ways of making sure I get it...


How do you deal with runners belly?
Don't tell anyone but I wear nappies on all runs!

How are you enjoying running with your new running buddy?
Can I take the fifth?



Yes, Little A and I have enjoyed our first run out and about in the stroller. It went better than I could have hoped for. I did feel the difference pushing the pram but it only knocked about 30-40seconds off my pace. I loved the sympathetic looks from fellow runners as I hit the hills!

Now that we have had our test run, as long as the weather allows I will try and do my Easy Runs with Little A in the stroller. The stroller running will help to keep my pace where it needs to be for the Easy Runs and it will also allow me to get some Ks out on the pavement. I can't believe I am saying this but I have grown very fond of my treadmill runs and have even opted to do my weekend runs (when Big A is home and I can go out) at home on the treadmill. Hopefully I will find my groove back out on the pavement again. With 60km of awesome running track on my doorstep its a waste to confine myself to the treadie by choice!

Little A wasn't the only baby to join the running community this month. Check out this gorgeous little girl. She does it with style!



2 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out!!! your little man looks so cute and what a great idea to post on his behalf,lol. Now if only I could figure out a way to wear nappies/diapers on long runs,lol. It would take away a lot of the worries!!!

    good for you that the stroller doesnt kill your pace (I am still working on it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome... had to share that cuteness!!!Imagine the time we could save in the porta - pot if we all raced in nappies!

    Stroller run #2 today was not as smooth. I felt absolutely flogged when I got home... not what you want for an easy run. But we keep going, I figure the resistance of the stroller will make us faster racers.

    ReplyDelete