Saturday 5 May 2012

2 Months

You know your baby is growing up when people ask you how old they are and you answer in months and not weeks. Soon it will be years!

The last 2 amazing months have seen Big A and I completely and utterly consumed with the new addition to our family. At times we even forget there is a world outside our home. Its hard to believe I had 28 years of my life without this little guy and now I couldn't and wouldn't imagine a day without him.

Every week has brought with it massive changes to our little guy and to our lives. Although some things have been constant. . . 63 nappies, 189 wet wipes, 17 loads of washing and more than 5 litres of breast milk each week, yeah that hasn't changed! Here are some of the highs and lows of the last two months

Pure and utter elation
First we had each other, then we had you, now we have everything


Disbelief
We get to keep him?!?! It was all so surreal. Until we actually came home with him I couldn't comprehend that this was our son. . .all ours!


Terrified
After 4 beautiful weeks as a family Big A finally had to go back to work. Who's going to watch him when I go to the toilet?!?!

Are you seriously going to leave me alone with HER????



Joy
Every smile, laugh and coo has filled me with more joy than I could ever imagine.


Pride
Look what I taught the Little guy


Frustration
This week Little A and I went head to head. He had only cat-napped during the day and wasn't going back down to sleep. After an hour of getting no where I decided to put him in the pram and go for a walk. Usually this would have him asleep before we even left our street but not this time. 10 minutes into the walk I peeped into the pram and was met with this face:

Nope. . . I'm not going to sleep!

But eventually after 20 minutes. . .

1 for mummy : 0 for Little A

I love that he is strong-willed and that he has a real "fight" in him but little does he realise that mummy is just as stubborn as he is and would have walked to Melbourne that day if thats what it took!


Defeated
I will never have an empty laundry basket again!



Love
How could you not love this???





And finally, the worst of all I have experienced since Little A arrived was this week when I took him for his 8 week immunisations. All I can say is my heart broke in two. I am confident the whole ordeal was much harder on mummy than it was on Little A. The only plus . . . a super sleepy baby. Little A slept 12 hours that night and most of the following day.



Well it has been a busy couple of weeks for us and we are looking forward to a much quieter month for May. Hopefully lots of play and development time and lots to report for the 3 month update.


No comments:

Post a Comment