Saturday 19 May 2012

Another week done. . .

Another training week comes to an end and it feels like they are just flying by!

I love starting the week with my speed work. Firstly its a fairly short session so its an easy one to fit in with Little A but also its so nice to start the week hitting the big speeds (well big for me). This week was 200s and I managed to comfortably hit 17kmp/h on all of them.

Tuesday was the tough day at the office (home!) so I am super glad I got my Tempo Run out that morning. I don't know how I would have got through the day if I had missed it. My Tempo Run included 20 minutes at 5 minute pace. I was stoked to achieve this as it was only 2 weeks ago that I couldn't pull out 1km at 5 minute pace let alone 4km!

This weeks Easy Run was one of those runs when you are in your own world you forget you are even running! I was so in my own world I went 4 minutes over time. To be able to completely zone out of that run I knew I was hitting the right pace for an Easy Run.

Intervals this week were a 3 part series. . . Luckily it WAS an interval session so the stop start wasn't a problem. Anyhow a dummy rescue and nappy change later I finally completed my session. I have now built my 1km interval speed up to 14kmp/h!

Todays Long Run was set for success. Little A slept for 14 hours last night waking only once for a feed. So after sleeping in till 8am Big A and I enjoyed a nice breakfast together. Well rested and fuelled on Pancakes with Banana, Maple Syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamonn I squeezed out 13.8km. I decided to do a Treadie Run and stay close to home. Building distance is definitely the challenge at the moment. Luckily I have only set my sights on a half marathon. Until I can run with Little A in the pram my Long Runs will be limited to sub 2 hours and at the moment even 2 hours away from the little man is hard on mummy. My legs feel like I did a 3 hour run not 80 minutes. Hopefully they will start adjusting to the kms soon. In the meantime compression pants for me tonight!

Me and my legs are looking forward to an "easy" week next week.

Finally, here's a quote that I think is quite fitting to "speed work" and racing for me:

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Mario Andretti

No comments:

Post a Comment